SUPRO is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Media Manager to develop, implement, and support the media campaigns for its tobacco control initiative. The Media Manager is responsible for overall Media and Advocacy events of the Tobacco Campaign, Advocacy & Networking activities in order to achieve the program outcomes and goal as per approved program design and managing relationship with partner. This position will ensure Media coverage and media advocacy with effective dissemination of the programs.
Job Description / Responsibility
• Collaborate with SUPRO team to efficiently and creatively craft and implement media (including social media) strategies for this initiative
• Develop and implement strategies to increase the engagement of leading media (print & electronic) for supporting the goals and communications objectives of this initiative
• Build and cultivate proactive and strong relationships with journalists (editors/ reporters) for effective media coverage of issues related to this initiative
• Draft press releases, reports, brochures, social media content and other communications materials as needed.
• Work in conjunction with social media experts for developing & executing effective website and social media campaigns
Master in Social Science preferably in Journalism/Economics/ Development Studies/ Anthropology/ Sociology/ Governance and Public Policy from any reputed university.
• At least 8 year(s) in NGO activities
• Minimum five years relevant experience in media relations, public relations, journalism or advocacy campaigns.
• Excellent writing, speaking and editing skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement media and communications strategies
• Experience working in/with media organizations
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Bengali
• Consultative and collaborative approach to handle multiple tasks in fast-paced environment
• Strong project management skills, fine attention to details, and ability to deliver project goals in a timely fashion
Dhaka with extensive field visits.
49,200/- BDT Per Month
How to Apply
Subject line must be written 'Application for the post of Media Manager’. Without subject line application will not be accepted. Only short listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Application Deadline: August 25, 2019.
Flat # E-8, Level #8, The Emporium Building, 14/1 Mirpur Road, Shyamoli, Dhaka 1207.
Sushasoner Jonny Procharavizan- SUPRO (SUPRO is a unique nationwide grassroots network of NGO’s, CSO’s & Activists to envision a participatory democratic society based on human rights principles that adhere to equity and justice for all). For details please visit www.supro.org